Skip to main content

Half time !

Hello YOU! Welcome back to the dom. I'm excited to have you back in our space . Did you bring a friend? I really hope you did. If you didn't, just know I'm judging you right now.

2020 has been such an interesting year. By interesting I mean pretty dramatic and we're just halfway into the year. This year came with a lot of baggage, I think we can all affirm that . We've been through a whole lot collectively. Some of us have fought mental and emotional battles, maybe we won , maybe we didn't , but hey ! We fought .
And every other day, we still stay fighting. 

When you fight everyday, some days you don't feel up for the battle . For me that day is today . I've lost so much time this year, so much money too. I've had a lot of rejection emails in my inbox , a lot of opportunities I missed and a lot of emotional energy I've lost.  I almost feel like I'm maxed out. 
But I've come to realize that sometimes, all you need is a break. It might not be all you need , but it's a first step to getting what you need. 

So , I've decided to give us a break from   "everything" going on . And by US, I mean US . We need a break from all the mental, emotional turmoil going on, a break from the uncertainty . A day to relax, sit back before we pick up our swords again.

The year has been crazy, no doubts, bad things have happened, the world has stopped, we almost had a third world war , police brutality and on top of that the several cases of rape and murder springing up from every corner in the room. I'm sure you would agree with me it's been a hell of a year . I know and I feel you . 

However, when bad things happen and they start to cloud your mindset and weigh you down , that's a cue for you to STOP. Sit back, Pour yourself a glass of wine  and reflect on all the beautiful, amazing things you've had . I want you to remember all the times you genuinely had a good laugh this year ,the times you spent with the people you love , the times everything was okay . Maybe not everything, but you get the drill. 

So I'll start . 
Before the world came to a stop, I planned my birthday dinner. I put out a wishlist which sadly, is still a wishlist(someone  even called me a thief 💔 ) , bought a pretty dress and picked a good restaurant. Then I asked my closest friends to share this special night with me  and they did . I had a swell time and I had so much memories from just that one night. It was amazing and remembering it somehow makes me feel good, like everything isn't lost .



Me on my birthday looking cute.



Now I want YOU to think of a time you genuinely felt happy this year . A time you had a good laugh that made you cry , a time you felt at peace . It could be anything,I want you to think of that time and if you want to , you can share that experience with me . 

So what do you say while you're out reminiscing on your good times you connect with me outside this space because I'm dying to meet you.
Yes? Yes!


Cheers to a break today , because we live to fight for another day !
* Clinks glasses aggressively* 🥂

Comments

  1. This is really helpful, thanks for the reminder to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I genuinely felt happy on my birthdayy too!
    The love was everywhere

    Thanks for this.
    God is in control.
    Like you said, just "breathe", that is exactly what I am doing. I no longer worry.
    Thank you chief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. God is in control . I'm glad you're taking a break ❤️

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the reminder that with everything going on , we are not alone . We can only hope and live to fight another day ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Beautiful Esther, I love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwn interesting thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Call me Chief.

"Enjoy your life, make sure say you dey always chop life "- Anon. Hello, it's so good to meet you. I'm super excited to finally start this blog after years of procrastinating.   We're meeting for the first time so let me tell you a bit about myself. Contrary to what the title says, my first name is Esther. Other people call me Jacqueline but in this space I'll prefer Chief so please, indulge me.  I think I'm quite opinionated, vocal and maybe interesting . I make jokes and some of them fly, others don't but some people will swear my humour is my best feature. I've lived in Lagos, Nigeria all my  life . I like to consider myself a proper, streetwise Eko girl but I guess the jury is still out on that one.  I'm passionate about women's rights and equality. It's something I'll never ever compromise.  Before the world came to a stop, I was a university student , in her second year studying Accounting.   Sometimes I'm an entrepreneur,

Speaking of Money

"When it comes to Money I dey concentrate" - Burna boy (Yè). The whole idea of money is weird.  I know all there is to know about how it works and all of the "lessons" attached but I still don't get it. I don’t understand how something so valuable can be contained in the most inconsequential form and not lose its value. It doesn't even need a physical currency anymore and it is the singular most important thing in the world. Money doesn't make sense to me but I love it anyway. The fact that I woke up one day in this world (Nobody asked for my permission by the way) and I'm supposed to do whatever to make this money just to get by and live a soft life until the day I drop dead? This is the concept I don't agree to but today is not the day for arguing economical constructs.  Now, the major issue I have with money is how we address it. Nobody ever tells you what you need to know about money, at least, not the important things. For something so vital